With the fast pace of modern life, often times a day or a week goes by without spending any time on yourself. Learning to take some time for yourself will go a long way with helping you cope with the day to day challenges, we all meet in life. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Take 5 minutes out 3 times a day to close your eyes and breathe into your body.
- Do something fun at least once a week – laughter is a great healer.
- Go for a walk, great for clearing you head.
- Keep a journal, vent to your heart’s content.
- Read a book.
- Mindfulness, meditation, yoga, tai-chi are great for stilling the mind.
- Hot Baths will help you relax particularly if you are having difficulty sleeping.
- SELF HYPNOSIS.
- Get in touch with your creative side. Paint, bake, garden, whatever makes you sparkle.
Management of stress can lower blood pressure and help the major organs of the body. Me time can activate the relaxation response which helps with both physical and emotional strain, relaxes muscles, giving the body time to eliminate the build up of toxins. Creating and sustaining oxygen levels sufficient to clean away the build up of negative thoughts from our minds, the waste matter of over worked neurons in the brain caused from STRESS. For information on how to deal with stress and anxiety please feel free to contact me.