Nurture and self love.
Self-nurturing is so important, it allows the body and mind to restore itself. When you nurture yourself you feel better, and your self-esteem and health improve.
Are you being kind and nurturing to yourself? What do you enjoy doing? Do you ever do it? Do you say “yes” to people when you really want to say “no”, and then feel resentful about it later?
The most basic and important principle of self nurturing is to take time for yourself. Taking time off allows you to be more efficient when you return to the task at hand. Relaxation is not a treat, it is necessary for your physical and emotional health.
Take the time to love yourself. Until you love yourself, you will never be able to truly love others. Until you learn to give to yourself, you will never have anything to share with others. You need to learn to replenish within yourself that which you have given.A good way to keep track of what is depleting you is an Emotional Account. This way you will never be depleted. Find ways to nurture yourself for 30 minutes each day.
Some ideas on how to Nurture yourself:
- Start by giving yourself permission to take time for yourself.
- Take an afternoon nap.
- Self Hypnosis.
- Have a massage or other holistic treatment.
- Go for a gentle walk in nature.
- Read a book.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Sit in the garden.
- Share a hug with a loved one.
- Spiritual prayer.
- Practice abdominal breathing.
- Reflect on your positive qualities: “I am…”
- Watch the sunrise/sunset.
- Concentrate on a relaxing scene.
- Create a collage representing “The Real Me”
- Reflect on: “I appreciate…”
- Write your thoughts and feelings in a personal journal.
Self-nurturing should never feel like a chore. It should be something you look forward to doing.