Spread the love
- Relax. Fifteen percent of men have a lowered sex drive due to stress, while 5% of men have sexual impotence due to the same cause.
- Stop smoking. It damages sperm DNA. It takes three months for sperm to fully form, so it is crucial to stop smoking at least three months prior to trying to conceive. Hypnosis is a great way to Stop Smoking
- Enjoy some sun. Being in the sun has been linked to increased levels of testosterone, which in turn affects the production of healthy sperm. Sunshine has also been linked to lower production levels of melatonin, which is known to reduce male fertility.
- Don’t overdo it. Ejaculating more than twice a day can be harmful to male fertility. This is because it takes time for sperm levels to rise again after ejaculation has occurred. However it is important to have intercourse with your partner on a regular basis in order to improve your chances of getting pregnant, as sperm that is not ejaculated becomes old and therefore less fertile.
- Illegal Drugs. Drugs have an extremely detrimental effect on male fertility. For example, marijuana lowers a man’s sperm count as well as his seminal fluid, while increasing the number of abnormal sperm that he produces.
- Watch your weight. Maintaining a healthy weight is crucial to increasing male fertility. A healthy diet combined with regular exercise is the best way to achieve this goal. Foods rich in antioxidants are particularly important for a man’s sexual reproductive health: foods rich in vitamin A (such as cheese), in vitamin C (citrus fruits) and in vitamin E (sunflower seeds) are particularly important, as are foods rich in zinc (oysters) and folic acid (broccoli).
- Avoid excessive drinking. Alcohol and male fertility do not go together. Excessive drinking is a major cause of impotence.
- Herbal. Green tea and gingko have been linked to male fertility enhancement.
- Avoid heat. Prolonged or repeated exposure of the testicles to heat can have a negative effect on the production of sperm. Avoid wearing tight fitting underwear or pants, as well as taking hot baths. It is advised not to place a laptop on your lap for long periods of time.